Anthology 2018 Call for Submissions
It’s time! The wait is over!
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
E-mail submissions are most efficient and make us happiest.
Use subject line: “Anthology 2018 Entry”
But you can mail 2 paper copies to
VCWC, Anthology Submissions, P.O. Box 3373, Thousand Oaks, CA 91359
Send your best
Poetry, short story, flash fiction, memoir, essay, article, or excerpt from a novel or creative non-fiction work.All entries must be original and *unpublished at the time of submission.
If your work was awarded honorable mention in any VCWC contest and previously appeared solely in a VCWC publication, you may submit it for this anthology as unpublished. Work that has appeared in The Write Stuff and is not published elsewhere may also be submitted.
NO FEE—MULTIPLE ENTRIES WELCOME—ENTRIES WLL BE JURIED
Carpe diem!Submit now!
To be considered, your work must adhere to the following format and guidelines.
FORMAT: Electronic or Paper submissions
- White 8½ x 11 inch paper or equivalent electronic format; vertical orientation.
- Typed, double-spaced, in Times New Roman, 12-point type in a Microsoft Word document.
- Margins: 1.0 inch, left and right; 1.0 inch, top and bottom. Please indent the first line of each paragraph, five spaces.
- Title and pagination: Center the title at the top of each page. Number each page at the bottom, center.
- Length: Maximum 3,000 words or ten pages for prose submissions.
- One poem per page, regardless of length. Poems may be no longer than three pages, single-spaced. Electronic submissions are preferred to preserve your formatting.
- Do not put the author’s name on the submitted pages.
- Each submission must be accompanied by a completed Submission/Release cover page with: (1) Author’s name (2) Author’s Contact email, phone number(s) and mailing address. (3) Title and genre of the piece. (Memoir, poem, etc.) (4) Initialed and Signed submission/release statement.
Lee Wade, Chair