VCWC is here to encourage the craft. For club members in good standing, you can submit information about your books (or books) for posting on www.venturacountywriters.com. You will have your own page with hyperlinks to where visitors can purchase from your store at Amazon and other locations. In July 2016, we will begin showcasing a few books each month.
Just send the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org:
For ease of posting, please have the written items be a word document, and pictures to be jpgs or pngs.
- Pen name you would like to be listed under
- Author bio (250 words or fewer)
- Author picture (optional)
- Genre to be listed under
- Brief description of the book (125 words or fewer)
- Book image (high-resolution please)
- Up to two reviews or excerpts of reviews per book (optional, total of 250 words)
- Website address where the book may be purchased
- Repeat 5-8 for each book! You may also select a month you would like a particular book to be featured.
Remember, submissions not adhering to these guidelines will not be posted. Only electronic submissions will be accepted. Please triple-check your submission before emailing it. Submissions can take up to two weeks to be posted.
The “Books of the Month” service will be selected based on requests on a first come, first serve basis. If you have a particular month you would like to be highlighted, please note that in your submission. Otherwise, the club will select at least two books, each from a different genre to be promoted in an e-blast.
As this service is only available to members, any members not renewed by October 15 will have their pages deactivated by October 20 each year.